Friday, September 16

What was taught

This is stuff I already knew, as most of us do, but we just don't practice.
Our body is only owned by us and it is our natural right to do what we want with it. Now as we each look at ourselves we are saying ofcoarse. What we forget is that it is other people's right to do what they want to their own body also. Our teacher said that what we have to have to learn is tolerence for what others do and think. How many times have I looked at someone full of tatoos and judged them. Even though I try to live by , if it doesn't directly effect me or my family I don't let it bother me. There are somethings though that I pre-judge and unfortunatly that makes me the person I try so hard not to be. Does this make any sense to anyone? I know I didn't put a lot of detail in, I did something to my arm and it hurts to type.

1 comment:

itisi said...

I guess as long as you realize you are pre-judging people, that is the first step in making it stop. There was a girl at business college that always wore black, had dyed her hair black and had long black nails. She was pierced and tatooed everywhere and I thought to myself--she's won't last long. She was really quite nice and very smart bookwise and I was pleased and surprised. I guess the key is keeping an open mind. I mean what is the difference? We wouldn't like it if they all looked down on us cuz we weren't all tatooed like them or whatever.