Monday, September 12

Nothing really matters

I have been thinking since last night about what I was going to post. I couldn't sleep and so at 3am I came up with something then finally fell a sleep. Got up this morning and read some blogs and began to think. All the troubles we have, all the worries, all the minor aches and pains... It really doesn't amount to " a hill of beans". What does matter is that last night (or this morning rather) I fell a sleep next to my husband. My children were safe in their own beds. I talked for an hour with my grandma earlier and she is doing well. From what I hear, my great grandma is doing well also. I have food in my house, clothing on my body and so does my children. We have safe drinking water, a safe place for the kids to play, and I know where all my loved ones are before I go to sleep. Everything eles is just minor. One day we will be thankful that we had the $34 to get rid of the shingles, to have a son that greys our hair, to have a shoulder to have pain in and to have a bed to fall a sleep in at 3 am.

2 comments:

itisi said...

It is the little things in life that sometimes seem that we take for granted everyday that are the most important. Everything else is just an added bonus.

itisi said...

OOOOooooo...let me rephrase that. It is the things in life that we take for granted everyday, like the fact that we know are children are safe in their beds, and our husband is asleep next to us, that are the most important. Some people don't have this luxery. I did not mean to sound like the above things were little things, when in fact they are the most important things. It is just that sometimes we take it all for granted.