Tuesday, September 6

Eventful Weekend

Sunday night there was a block party held in our "mean neighbors" back yard and surrounding areas. The reason it was held there was because they had gone camping for the weekend. Many of our neighbors said that if the "mean neighbors" had of been home then they would not have come. My husband and I fully agreed. I guess the reason the party is held on Labor Day weekend is because everyone knows they won't be home. We had a very nice time and so did our kids. My 4 year old and her two little friends got out a plastic pool and one of her friends hooked up the hose. Next thing everyone knows the 3 of them are sitting in the pool with their clothing on and one of them put bubbles in. It was so cute I ran home and grabbed my camera. If I can figure out how to put in on here I will. We roasted marshmellows later on. That was great fun for the kids who had never done that before.
Late Monday afternoon the "mean Neighbors" came home. We had friends over and their daughter was playing outside with my kids. Next thing we hear is the mother yelling at the top of her lungs! She is yelling at the my kids and my friends daughter. My girls being crying and other neighbors rushed to my house because their kids were here too. My husband and my friends husband come out. They get the story of what happened from one of the other kids that were here. The kids next door threw rocks at the girls, so the girls threw mulch at them. Well, one of the rocks hit my friends daughter right above the eye. You could still see the red mark. My friends husband goes over next door and starts pounding on the door. "Hey, come out here! What do you think your doing yelling at these kids like that!" Would you beleive no one came to the door. He says don't worry "neighbors from hell" I have my whole life to wait for you.
Now this is one dude you don't piss off. I don't think the "neighbors from hell" will be bothering my kids any more. Not for awhile any how.

1 comment:

itisi said...

Wow, your mean neighbors really ARE mean!!! How nice the block party sounded!! A good way for neighbors to keep in touch with one another. Sounds like all the kids had a good time!! The mean neighbors and their kids are gonna be miserable their whole lives!!