Thursday, September 22

How did you know?

I had Philosophy again last night and we talked about the things that we can not see but know exist. One of those things was love. So my question for the day is. If you have found the "one" how did you know that this person was the "one". Also if you got married, why? Why didn't you just live together.
I know that I found "the one" the moment I set eyes on my (now ) husband. The little voice in my head said that he was it. I had never before felt this way instantly and the more we got to know each other the more I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man. Other times I had to convience my self that I was in love,I guess because I didn't know what it really was. After one month of dateing my now husband I asked him to marry me. I thought his family was going to faint. He said "yes", for he too knew that I was the "one". However, for many months after I thought about the reason we were going to get married. We didn't have to get married we could just live toghther forever. Then one day the reason came to me. It was because I wanted the whole world to know that I was his and he was mine. That our love was everlasting. I would have never gotten married if I wasn't positive that this was an everlasting love because then there would not have been any point. That is just my story, however. I want to know others. I promise no judgeing.

2 comments:

Brandi1977 said...

I didn't know right away that I was going to marry my husband and we did live together for a LONG time before we got married. We were together for 7 years before we married and we also already had a child before marriage.

We got married b/c we loved each other of course and I wanted the stability and our own family. I know it was there before but it just felt right to make it offical!

Fizzy said...

Mt Hubby was not bothered if we got married or not but to me it was neccessary and I found it hard to explain why, I did have strong religious parents and I never liked to go against them and I was brought up in that institution. However I also know we would be together whether we got married or not. your reasons sound very good to me and may be unconcsiously That is what I was striving for