Friday, September 9

It is better to give...

My husband says that I give too much to people and don't get back enough. The thing is that I don't want anything back but a "thank you". I am always rushing to the aid of someone, whether it be human or animal. It gives a great feeling of accomplishment. For example, last week I was out and I happened to remember that my friend is always running out of pull ups this time each week. She cannot get to the store until her husband comes home, which can be late. So I picked her up some. This week she was out of toothpaste and we had extra so I took her up some of that too. Now you have to understand she has hardly any money so I do what I can to help. I give people I know rides when they need them or offer to mow our elderly neighbors lawn. I don't have much extra time but I do what I can for who I can. Is that so bad to just want a "thank you".

1 comment:

Brandi1977 said...

Oh course it isn't wrong and I hope that when you do these kind things for people they always give you the thanks and appreation you deserve!