Sunday, December 11

One Christmas Day

When I was younger my dad had a truck that had a cab over the back. My brothers and I had to ride in the back because there was not enough room up front. I always thought it was cool to have our own private spot. We could say and do pretty much anything, as long as mom and dad didn't catch us. Mind you there was no heat going through this so it could get cold in the winter. I didn't mind much. My dad had put an old foam matteress back there for us to sit on and we had blankets to keep us warm. One Christmas Day we went to my grandma's house riding in the back of the truck. I remember the ride well. It was so quiet out. I don't remember another car on the road. There was plenty of snow on the ground but none falling from the sky. I sat back there and watched the countryside go by and all the way there I sang "Over the River and Through The Woods". Strange, that is all I remember of that day.

1 comment:

itisi said...

You don't remember arriving at your Gramma's? Or what you got for christmas? Maybe someone put a sleeping potion in your hot cocoa and you slept thru it!