Tuesday, December 13

I was not...

I was not a greedy child. Infact I hardly asked for anything. I have passed the trait on to my daughters but unfourtanaly not my son. Do you know he gave me a 4 page Christmas list, front and back! The girls were lucky if they had 4 things on theirs. He did however buy something for everyone in the family, including the dog at his Santa shop on $5. Atleast he evens everything out. I teach all my kids about giving, nomatter what time of year it is, nomatter how poor we are. Whether it is change to the Salvation Army or Cookies,or bread for our neighbors. The nice ones that is. I should find coal for the mean ones! I hope that these lessons stay with them always. No matter what your situation there is always someone out there worse off. Even if it doesn't see possible.

1 comment:

itisi said...

I don't think your son is so much being greedy by asking for four pages of stuff. He knows he really won't get all that, but you could save the list and get some stuff for his b-day and all. I just think your girls are more cautious and more content with the little things. It is good to teach them to give to people less fortunate!