Monday, December 3

Another Long Day

I accompanied a friend to the court house today and held her hand. I sat there all day with her and held my breath with her when the judge ruled. Things went pretty well for her legally, but emotionally she is wreck. I feel for her, there is not an easy answer. The man in her life won't help himself, which would make every one's life involved easier. No he would rather just keep telling her that she is the crazy one. Boy, that tune sounds familiar. Don't you wish you had a magic wand to help other peoples pain go away?
Back at the Homestead, you can tell my one child is almost a teenager, because she sure is starting to act like one. She thinks that I am telling on her when I inform her dad about her breaking the rules. I think I felt the same way as a kid. Wasn't good enough that one parent knew? I guess that it is our job to communicate with each other about what our kids are up to, especially since we live in the same house.

1 comment:

itisi said...

I am glad you were able to accompany your friend at court. That is best thing you could have done. I am happy things went well for her legally.

Teenagers don't realize that you aren't telling on them. You are communicating so there are no questions or mix-ups on the consequences.