Wednesday, January 25

I would like to start off by thanking Fizzy for the information. I know it will help.
I took my test and I am really not sure how I did. The day didn't start off Start off well and it isn't ending well. We had 60 Math questions and 60 mins. to do it in. There was a lot of Mixed fractions and I'm not sure I did so hot on a bunch. There was a little algbra at the end and I guessed on those. There is just no way I can do that without help. I barely passed it the first time I took it. I don't know if it was the fact that I didn't have any breskfast or what but the choices for the reading comp. didn't make much sense to me. Now I am a very good reader and can comperhend very well, but the choices were just dumb. Although I do have a tendancy to miss the ovious and read too much into things. We needed 41 out of 60 on the math and 38 out of 60 on the reading. So we will see. Ofcoarse all this was timed. Good thing that the testing fee is tax deductable.
On to the dyslexic, hormonal child. Is that a mean way to describe her? Well, I was at the school yesterday for a meeting with my sons teacher, principle and the lady who gives extra help to the kids. My son is doing much better, this is good news. I took a few minutes to talk to them about why I would soon be contacting the lady and the pricipal for my oldest daughter. after I explained my concerns they said that they wouldn't test her unless she had atleast 2 F's on her report card. Now I don't think that is fair. If she has below a C and is crying all the time because she can't get it and just gets it enough to sqeak by... Why wouldn't you test her to just make sure? So I said that I would be contacting them at another time. This is the longest blog I ever wrote. I"M SO PROUD!

2 comments:

itisi said...

If the principle won't test her, your other option is to go to the next school board meeting and explain how your daughter is struggling and crying cuz she doesn't get the work. There is a good possibility that you will get some action there.

itisi said...

oops, spelled principal wrong on last post!