Wednesday, February 20

Still painting and more

I have a headache from painting, the last 3 days. I wanted to be done by this weekend, HA that will be a miracle. I did enlist my youngest daughters to take the hardware off the cubboards. They thought it was cool because they learned how to use a screwdriver. Then I let them put down a base coat of paint on a few items. They were thrilled but soon got bored and left me. ait was fine that they went and played because then I could paint the hardware that they took off and touch up the base coat. I even got 2 more cubboards ready to hang!! So I felt that I was very productive.
My oldest daughter had court this afternoon for the fight she was in last month. The judge gave them both 100 hours of community service. I thought my daughter would get less because the judge asked us parents if the girls had been punished at home. My daughter had been grounded for one month and the other girl wasn't punished at home. Still, they both got the same punishment from the judge. What was the point in her asking us then? They have 90 days to complete the community service. Tomarrow I will call the local nursing homes and see if my daughter can do her service there. I hope this is a lesson to all my childeren to keep their fights out of school.

2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Wow! This must have been some fight! I think it is a good thing that Community Service is now a part of someone's so called punishment. Working somewhere like the Bursing Home could be a very wonderfu, thing for your daughter....! And there are lessons to be learned by doing community service, don't you think? I believe it makes young people more responsible and is one of the great teaching tools in seeing what other people go through in life----things that they might not see any other way...!

Thanks so much for your visit and for your kind words, too!
Hummingbirds are just the dearest little birds in the world!

itisi said...

Personally, I think 100 hours is a lot considering the circumstances and the fact that this was her first time AND the fact that she got punished at home. But still, community service is a good thing and hopefully she will be able to learn many new things by doing so.
Don't count on the others learning from her mistakes. The younger ones won't remember when their time comes! LOL