Saturday, January 12

The fight

My oldest daughter had her first offical fight after school yesterday. The girl wanted to fight her so she told the girl that she wasn't going anywhere and the rest is history. There wasn't an offical winner because our neighbor, who is in high school, broke it up.
I'm not sure how I feel about it, we have always wanted her to stand up for herself and she did. However, I was never in a real fight, either the girls were too afraid of me or I avoided them.
I don't want her to be a weakling but the thought of her fighting doesn't sit well either. I told her not in school unless she is hit first because today the schools call the cops for everything. I don't want her to be labeled as a trouble maker. She has a good head on her, I just hope she keeps it.

1 comment:

Fizzy said...

This must be one of the hardest parenting situations to be in. I do not know how I would handle it. However, I am sure that all the thoughts that you have expressed will go through my head too.