Sunday, July 2

My getaway

I am not very good at expressing myself unless I am feeling creative so here we go. Let me tell you about my 3 day getaway.
It was a nice four hour drive, with the green landscape whizzing by. None the less I was glad that we arrived at our destination. My legs were beginning to hurt because our 50 pound dog had been laying on my lap for the past two hours. He is such a baby. The family and I went in a restarunt for dinner and we had to leave him in the van. When we get back on the road he climbs on my lap and lays down to make sure that I can't go anywhere else without letting him out first. I climb out of the van and in hale the fresh country air. AAAAAHHH, it smells so sweet or is that the cow manure. Either way it doesn't smell like anything we have at our house and I like it. The kids jump out all excited and grab their bags. It is still light so if they hurry and get their stuff to the rooms they stay in then they will still have time to play. We enter, ha the dog has already spotted a cat and preceeds to chase it up the stairs to the last bedroom. Our littlest is yelling "mom, the dog is chasing the cat". I tell "Eddie" the dog, to get down here and be good. Now we go out side. It is so peaceful, there is not a sound that annoys the senses. Only sound of birds and crickets and now the added laughter of children. Eddie and I walk up to the old apple trees, where the was a duck sitting on its nest and eddie chased it to the ditch. No duck and can't see the nest. G says that the duck never came back. OOOPS! I'm sure it will come back next spring. I see all the familer sights that I have been seeing since I was little. Not much has changed as far as sight goes. Maybe a paint job or two and the farmers rotate the crops every year, but other then that it is the same sights as always. Green, brown and trees as far as the eye can see. Sometimes if you are lucky you can see deer out the kitchen window. Well, I must go for now my getaway hopefully I can continue this tomarrow.

No comments: