Sunday, July 15

5yr old Girls

If you have a weak stoamch you may want to move on to another blog.

I don't understand my 5 yr. old. The cat was killing a baby bird and my 5 yr old daughter is yelling at the the cat to leave it a lone. I tell her to let the cat have it, it is too injured and going to die anyway. I imagaine that the cat killed the bird and then my daughter kept yelling at it so she left. The next thing I know my 5 yr. old daughter is bring the dead bird into the house. Not because she wants me to see it or fix it, no because she just wants to carry it around and gross out her sister. Doesn't she get that this is the same bird that she didn't want the cat to kill or doesn't it matter now because it is already dead? Why isn't she mourning it like I would have been when I was Five? I just don't understand this. Should I be concerned that she isn't? Well, she was just not now that it is dead. Why? HMMMMM...

1 comment:

itisi said...

This post reminded me of when I was little and fishing at the lake with my cousins. My oldest girl cousin absolutely, positively hated dead fish. So I would chase her around the campsite with a dead sunfish just to hear her scream. I think it was just the tomboy part of me. LOL!