Saturday, April 26

No movie night for Mom

So last night my 8year old wants to spend the night at her friends house and my 13 yo. wants to spend the night at her friends house. This is also the weekend that my son goes to J.O's house and we don't have my step-son. That leaves our 6 yo. here with us, crying. I tell her that we were going to have a nice mom, dad and JJ movie night with popcorn. This is GREAT, she loves the idea. In the middle of our movie and popcorn the phone rings, its our 8 yo. I hear from my husband " What's the matter?, What?" then, " she wants to talk to you".
" Mom I smashed my finger in the garage door and it hurts really bad. Jen's mom thinks it's broken." I say " ok be right there"
I drive up in my pj's and Fuzz (my 8yo) is sitting on the porch and I can hear her crying as soon as I turn off the engine. We go inside. The mom says Jen is hideing and crying because she thinks it is all her fault. My daughter pipes up and says " it was my fault for not paying attention". I tell her it is no ones fault it was just an accident. I look at the very white,pretty flat middle finger. I can tell that the nail will be black in the moring and her first knuckle is probley broken. No point in taking her to the hosp. because what they will do for her there I can do just as well and quicker at home. Before we leave her friend comes out of hideing, I thank her for being such a big help to my fuzz and say that if she is feeling better they can play the next day.
I get home, clean up the dirt on it, get two popsickle sticks ( thank you son for bringing home a box of them), medical tape, tape the sticks to the top and bottom of her finger so it can't move, give 3 advil and now I am tired. Never did finish movie night.

1 comment:

Shammickite said...

Poor finger, I bet that really hurt all night! Clever mum for doing the doctor thing with the finger!!