Monday, October 16

Keeping up with the Jones?

People that try so hard to keep up with others must have a boring life, I can hardly keep up with myself!
Today I got to see my first full delivery! The lady had a baby girl!! I was so excited every time we could see a little more of the head I was like "look, look!" ( like they weren't already looking). This lady had been in labor since last night and gave birth shortly before we had to leave so we have to wait til tomarrow to take care of the baby. My friend also got to see a C section. She said that there was a lot of blood! I didn't want to go see it. I wasn't sure how I would handle it. When we watched a video the other day on a women having a hestorectomy I had a hard time. We had an exciting day, we also got to touch the after birth ( yes, with gloves on). Oh, and this was the first time I had ever seen fluid spurt out after the baby came or maybe it was as she was coming out. At any rate, a spec of fluid landed in the Dr.'s hair! EEEEEEEEEWWWW, I bet she was glad there are showers close by.

No comments: